The 4th annual Horizon Report has released its findings and outlines 6 key trends of technology that will affect higher ed in the next few years:
- The environment of higher education is changing rapidly
- Information literacy increasingly should not be considered a given.
- Academic review and faculty rewards are increasingly out of sync with new forms of scholarship
- Collective intelligence and mass amateurization are pushing the boundaries of scholarship
- Students views of what is and what is not technology are increasingly different from those of the faculty.
All of the above seem to be important areas to look at as we plan for the future of Albany Law School.