Digital Signage – a small screen outside the Admissions Office, 2 large screens – one outside E117 in the 1928 and another in the lobby of the 2000 building. These screens will be used for important announcements and to eliminate all the paper signs hung around the buildings.
New classroom configurations
- W120 – previously a seminar-style room, now a traditional classroom with desks in rows (Smartboard & all techology in front)
- E117 – previously a seminar-style room, now a traditional classroom with desks in rows (Smartboard & all techology in front)
- E115 – previously a seminar-style room, now a traditional classroom with desks in rows (screen & lectern in front)
Replacement plan for classroom projectors
- DAMC, W120, E117, U300 – 2 yrs old
- Matthew Bender, WW – 1 yr old
- EW, E115, 200 – brand new
- Other rooms – 2-3 projectors will be replaced each summer
- Dean’s Blog
- Constitutionalism and Democracy blog
- blogs.albanylaw.edu – WordPress blog-editing software on our server
- new camcorder – Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCCAM Pro Camcorder, Phantom powered shotgun mic and wireless microphone system
- video editing software – SONY Vegas Pro 8
- video format conversion software – Aiseesoft and Xilisoft– used for converting DVDs to .wmv so that digital content can be posted to the web
Switch from Groupwise to Outlook for e-mail – Outlook Web Access will begin later this summer followed by the Outlook client in the fall. Training will be scheduled, as well as .pdf guides and instructional videos posted.
- Room 200 – new Crestron control panel configured exactly the same as DAMC’s, new projector, DVD/VCR, sound system, mics
- E115 – new lectern, document camera, screen, ceiling -mounted projector, DVD/VCR, speakers, Extron media link controller
This same controller will be used on the existing lecterns when the Extron switchers are replaced. This same lectern will be added to rooms without lecterns.
Videoconferencing in the Boardroom– The Tandberg Mediaplace has been moved from a classroom to the Boardroom. This will facilitate its availability for videoconferencing events such as – seminars, depositions, interviews, classes, etc. This equipment will also add technology to this room (in addition to the videoconferencing codec, it has a laptop connections, lcd projector, dvd/vcr player, speakers, document camera, wireless lavaliere Mic)
Secure Logins for WestLaw & TWEN – beginning September 30, 2009, all users of WestLaw/Twen will have to update or create their OnePass accounts – Click HERE for video instructions on how to update your WestLaw ID to the new OnePass sign in.
SmartBoard Use – a rear-projected board complete with lcd projector, DVD/VHS player, speakers, Document Camera, laptop connection is in W12o and in E117. Training will be scheduled for faculty that teach in those rooms. A Go-Wire has been purchased with allows one to connect to the SmartBoard without having the software on their laptop.
- one inL211
- one to be loaned out in 1928 bldg
- one to be loaned out in 2000 bldg
These carts will facilitate technology equipment setup requests in rooms without any technology.
Maintenance Contract for all classroom technology– at the beginning of each semester, all equipment will be cleaned and tested – throughout the semester, repairs will be made immediately. The company selected is AVSSI who is familiar with our school’s technology and has provided support on numerous occasions the past 2 years.
Audio Visual Staff joins ITS – AV support and services will be integrated into support for Instructional Technology.