Albany Law School will offer several technological improvements for the staff, faculty and students this year:
- CALI – Starting this school year, CALI Lessons are going to look a lot different. Content of the lessons will remain the same, but the new-look lessons will work on mobile devices like iPads and iPhones, lesson runs and scores will be saved automatically and stored in students’ “My Lesson Runs”, copy and paste from the lesson will be much easier and more…
- OWA 2010 – IT Services has upgraded the e-mail system from Microsoft Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. Improvements include: multi-browser support, conversation view, singl page of messages, nickname cache, forward as attachment, more powerful searching. Click here for a guide to using some of the new features in Outlook Web App (OWA) 2010.
- TWEN – Students can keep up with TWEN anytime, anywhere. Go to m.lawschool.westlaw.com on your mobile device and log in.
- LSE – Faculty will be able to load materials (such as audio and video files) into Law School Exchange (LSE) and incorporate them into their TWEN course site. This will also allow faculty to make copyrighted items available to students by restricting their ability to download through LSE.
- LexisNexis – Lexis®Advance for Law Schools will be offered sometime this fall. Their new online legal research system will include an easy-to-use search template with pre- and post-search filtering, allowing efficient narrowing of results, foldering to organize and store research and other new features.
- New Phone System – Avaya Digital Phone/Voicemail System has been installed for all staff and faculty. This new system will also include voicemail to e-mail is a feature where e-mails are sent to your e-mail address when your voicemail mailbox receives a new voicemail message.
- Lync – Staff now have Lync 2010 installed on their desktops. This communications software creates a virtual connection between staff members who work at the law school. It will enable them to chat, share their desktop and programs, and work together in real time, all from their computer.
- Examsoft – This fall, SoftTestMac will function on all Apple laptops. Students will be able to download a version that is compatible with their OS X. There will be two installers, one compatible with Leopard and Snow Leopard, and one compatible with Lion. Students only will see the version of SofTest Mac for their OS X.
- Portal – myALBANYLAW is a portal where staff, faculty and students will log on with their email/network username and password and have access to ALL their favorite places: email, calendar, WebAdvisor, files, Colleague, announcements, news, discussions, etc.
This portal will rolled out to the users in stages and training offered to each group. Launch date is TBA.