Flipping the Classroom is a popular topic and the subject of a recent webinar given by Westlaw.
Many of the tools available in a TWEN course site can be used to flip the classroom:
- Class Materials for posting text, audio and video
- Weekly Discussions using the Forum
- Customized Polling to solicit student feedback
- Assignment DropBox for student assessment
- Email Options – communicate with students individually or in a group
- Quizzes – new functionality available starting in May (integrated into Gradebook & Assignments, can insert media, create sections, etc.)
- Wiki – group projects (collaborative)
- Cite Station – exercises available
How do your professors use TWEN to flip their course?